It almost time. Summer Band begins next Monday afternoon. The camp will be held all week next week from 1pm to 4pm each day. We plan to learn our football music as well as introduce a lot of the cool techniques we use here at Piner to lead our students into becoming high quality, independent musicians.
The schedule for the week:
* Monday – Old Band shirt day (wear a Dialing Band shirt or last year’s Piner band shirt)
* Tuesday – Crayola appreciation day (each section will designate a color that it wants to represent by wearing as much of that color as possible)
* Wednesday – Crazy Hat Day
* Thursday – USA Olympics Day (wear your red, white and blue….can you represent your favorite sport in the process?)
* Friday – Sherman High Day! On this day, we will meet at SHS Band Room at 1pm. We will get to participate in music rehearsals with the Bearcat Band and then we will get a sneak peak of this year’s awesome show Reflections!
*Friday – EVENING we will have a Movie and Board Games Party in the band room 5:30-7:30pm. Students and parents are welcome to attend. Please bring your favorite movie/game night munchies to share with your friends (new and old!)
For those who may have misplaced it, the band handbook is attached. We will also have paper copies of them available during camp if you need one. Please make sure you are collecting the supplies for the beginning of school now! Also, if you haven’t already, sign up for our Remind messages so we can get you quick timely reminders that don’t need a full email.
Leadership Team – You will still report for work day tomorrow, Friday from 10-2. Lunch will be provided. We will need a couple of people that can bring their concert uniform with them, because I have a project that will need at least one stadium uniform (jeans/tee) and one formal uniform (concert black).
We can’t wait to see everyone and get this year started. Piner Band is bigger and will be stronger than ever before!