Six Flags Trip
On Saturday, May 9, the Piner Band will go on our yearly trip to Six Flags in Arlington, TX.
Because this is a special trip, the criteria to participate are as follows:
- Students must have been eligible for UIL contests for band
- Students must have participated in solo contests for band
- Students must not be put in ISS or have an office referral between April 13 and May 8.
- Students must pay the park entry fee and the bus fee to travel with us.
The cost of the trip is $50. This includes the $35 entry fee plus a $15 bus fee. All payments must be made by check or money order for this event. CASH WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Please make all checks out to “Piner Band”.
Eligible students with a valid season pass may use the pass on our trip; however, they must pay the $15 bus fee.
All money is due Monday, May 4.
Auditions for 2015-2016
Auditions for Piner Middle School and Sherman High School bands are coming in the next few weeks.
Current 6th and 7th Graders
Audition music will be passed out on Friday, May 1. Auditions will consist of two scales, a short prepared piece that will be given out, and sightreading that will be given out on the day of auditions.
Students can come afterschool for help on Wednesday afternoons from 3:15 – 4:00 in the Piner Band Hall. Directors will be there to work through the piece, but students are expected to practice on their own.
Current 8th Graders
Audition music has already been given by the high school directors. Students can receive help at the Piner Band Hall during the following times:
- Flutes – Wednesdays, 7:15am
- Oboes – Thursdays, 3:15pm
- Clarinets – Wednesday, 7:15am
- Bass Clarinet – Tuesdays, 7:15am
- Saxes (All) – Thursdays, 7:15am
- Trumpets – Tuesdays, 3:15pm
- Horn – Fridays, 7:15am
- Trombones – Tuesdays, 7:15am
- Baritones – Tuesdays, 7:15am
- Tubas – Mondays, 7:15am
Percussionists are being helped during class by Mr. Smith. Questions about those auditions should be directed to him.
High School Music Rehearsals
8th Graders who are joining the Sherman High School Marching Band have three rehearsals at the high school in May to work on their music for next year. They are:
- 5/26 (Tuesday) – 3:30 to 5:30
- 5/27 (Wednesday) – 3:30 to 5:30
- 5/28 (Thursday) – 3:30 to 5:30
All of these rehearsals are in the Sherman HS Band Hall. Questions about these rehearsals should be directed to the high school directors.
The Piner Band Spring Concert will be on May 19th at Sherman High School. More information will be posted as we get closed to the date. Please make sure you plan to come and see the result of a full year of great work!