Things are getting busy around Piner Middle School!
Practicing at Home
We’re seeing more instruments going home, which is great! Keep up the good work and keep practicing throughout the week. We want each young musician to practice at least 15 minutes a day. This makes sure we can keep the quality of our performances as high as possible.
Piner Night at the Sherman High Game
On Friday, October 10th, the Piner Honors and Symphonic Bands will perform with the Sherman High School band at their football game vs. McKinney High School. The bands will meet beforehand to have dinner and relax with the high school band, and then walk over together with the high school band and sit in the stands with them.
The band will perform with the SHS Bearcat Band for the first half, and then watch their half time performance. During the 3rd quarter, the Piner Wildcat Band will play by themselves, and then be dismissed for the evening.
We will send home a sheet with times and other information this week, as well as post it here. This is a mandatory event for Honors and Symphonic Bands.
Piner Trip to the Region Marching Contest
On Saturday, October 11, Piner Band members have the opportunity to travel with the Sherman HS band to their marching contest. This event is not mandatory, but we encourage as many members as possible to come along and cheer the band on! The information sheet for this event will be passed out in class today; it can also be found here.
The schedule will be as follows:
- 12:30pm – Meet at the Sherman High School Band Hall to watch rehearsal and eat lunch.
- 2:00pm – Load the busses to go to Clark Stadium in Plano, TX.
- 3:15pm – Arrive at stadium and go into stands as a group.
- 4:45pm – Watch the Sherman High School Band!
- 5:15pm – Listen for the contest results.
- 5:30pm – Load busses and return to Sherman.
- 6:30pm – Arrive back at Sherman High School.
If your young musician would like to go, please have them bring $5 in cash and the bottom of the information sheet by Wednesday, October 1. We need the head count to know how many buses to order.
Piner Football Game
The Piner Honors and Symphonic Bands will play at the Piner football game on Tuesday, October 14th. The schedule will be as follows:
- 5:00pm – Students will meet at the Piner Band Hall. Instrument cases will be left in the band hall.
- 5:15pm – All students will walk to the stadium. Getting students seated will be chaotic at the first game, so please arrive early. We will begin playing promptly at 6:00pm.
- 7:30pm – Students will be dismissed. Parents will end to pick up students at the Band Hall or arrange for their child to get a ride with another student. Members are encouraged to bring cell phones, but they will need to remain off and out of sight during the performance. If parents choose for their children to remain at the game after 7:30, Mr. Anderson and Mr. Edmonson will not be there to supervise them.
Lastly, the Piner Honors and Symphonic Bands will be performing at the Piner pep rally on Tuesday, September 30. Students need to wear their band shirts to school that day so we look sharp and unified.